SIGN UP HERE!
Summer Wrap up Challenge - Last Week!
HERE are your teams!
More Challenge info HERE
Even MORE info HERE
Posted on May 15, 2014
Coach Ian getting his streeeetch on!!
BrieAnn Szatkowski - TeamNC Mountain View!
How did you find CrossFit and what made you stick with it?
I thought I was fit because I could run 10+ miles and go to two or three exercise classes in a row, like cardio kickboxing, body pump and 30-minute abs. My friend convinced me to go with her to a trial WOD at Guerilla Fitness in Morristown, N.J. I thought a 10-minute workout would be a joke, but boy was I wrong. I scaled everything and couldn't walk down stairs for a week. It was love.
What drives you to compete?
Treating myself to massive amounts of food after the competition, like a 10 egg omelet or 9 pounds of veggie sushi.
What is your favorite all out – go for it cheat meal?
Kraft mac n’ cheese. BBFL. Blue box for life.
If you were to sum up your team in a few words, how would you describe them?
Masters of the air squat
What do you want to see come up at Regionals?
Air squats. Seriously though…a nice long chipper.
What are you secretly (or maybe not so secretly) hoping does NOT come up at Regionals?
Snatching. Heavy thrusters. Bar muscle ups.
Do you have a lucky item of clothing that you always compete with?
Nope. I always have hair elastics on my left wrist but I wouldn't consider grimy hair ties covered in smelly puppy slobber to be lucky.
WORKOUT FOR FRIDAY
1 Power Clean
1 Front Squat
1 Push Press
1 Back Squat
* Rest between sets as needed. Goal is max load in a set.
Rules of the Bear Complex:
1. No resting on the ground (even to re-grip). Failure to do so designates a failed set and the athlete must stop.
2. Failed sets absolutely count as one of your five.
3. Athletes can break up or combine the movements as long as the following are met: the clean starts at the ground and finishes standing with the hip at full extension, squats go below parallel and push presses finished locked out overhead.
4. Push jerks are acceptable.
5. There is no time component for a set, the athlete can rest anywhere EXCEPT on the ground.
6. Athletes perform 7 rounds of the sequence to get through one set. There are 5 sets.