Posted on February 26, 2014
NorCal CrossFit Feb. 27th 2014
HUGE Shout Out to Garret tonight who is testing 14.1 in front of the world; Head to head against Marcus Hendren. He is going to do great! Make sure you watch the live footage of it HERE!NOTE ON THE OPEN
When signing up for the Open, there are two things you need to do:
1. Enter an Affiliate (this is where you train the most)
2. Enter a Team (this is where you train the most).
These two things are TWO separate entries. We have had a lot of people enter under NorCal CrossFit (which is San Jose) rather than NorCal CrossFit Mountain View/Santa Clara etc.
No problem if you have done that, you can go back and switch to the affiliate and team you should belong to.
If this is still confusing, please feel free to email me email@example.com for clarification.
For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of getting body work from Ed, we highly suggest it, he is amazing!
Yes, more Open talk!! - It starts tonight!! We are excited!!
It is that time of year again where we get a little crazy, push ourselves a little extra hard, leaderboard like mad, and MOST importantly, support each other and come together as a community for the largest competition on the planet.
How are you feeling going into this year’s Open? Do you feel ready? Are you going to beat the you from last year? If it is your first time, are you a little nervous? If so, that is a god sign. Take that nervous energy and see what you are truly capable of, but most importantly, have a blast.
I love this write-up by Lisbeth Darsh from CrossFit HQ media. Take a moment to read this, recite it to yourself, and mentally prepare for those 5 weeks that kick off the CrossFit Games season. Here goes nothing!
THE CROSSFIT MINDSET
- I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best than I can.
- Lactic acid is my friend. The wind is my friend. Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger. If I had no opposition, I would be weak.
- If I can run, I run. If I have to walk, I walk. When I am forced to crawl, I crawl. And then I rest and live to fight another day.
- I fear no man but I fear my workout. If I don't fear my workout, it isn't hard enough.
- I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. Ever.
- I never cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in a victory I did not earn?
- The workout missed is the opportunity missed. I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person.
- I understand the value of the Push up, the Pull up, the Sit up, the Squat, and the Deadlift. Just as there are million ways to make chicken, so too there are a million ways to squat, sit up, pull up, push up, and dead lift.
- I will give everything I have and then I will find more within myself.
- I don't complain. Complaining is for crybabies. There are 11,232 babies born in the US everyday. I will leave the crying to them and I will soldier on.
- I will bite off challenges, spit out results, and beg for more. What are YOU going to do?
Still haven’t signed up? There is still time! Sign up here.
And then come on our to our event Saturday by clicking here!
WORKOUT FOR THURSDAY
7 DB Thrusters
7 wall Ball
* A Note on programming during the Open: This week the workout will be programmed for Saturday but the following weeks it will be programmed on Fridays. If you are unable to do it on the programmed day, talk to your coach and work something out. Make sure you get it done :-)