Posted on February 3, 2014
Athlete Recognition San Jose
1. When did you join CrossFit NorCal?Spring 2012
2. Why did you join CrossFit?
"Program I've never done before?" 5% sold. "Close to work and highly recommended?" 10% sold. "It's the best gym ever" 15% sold. "It's the Mecca of CF Gyms?" 20% sold. "Seeing Jason's Barber's face?" Boom went the dynamite (that's 100% sold for you laymen)
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Nakedness is more appealing. I'm harder (stop it), Better, Faster, Stronger (copyright) Daft Punk. I also have shoulders.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Excellence in any profession or service is found in 10%-15% of people who participate. If your teachers aren't awesome or excellent, then run away and find ones that are. I didn't realize how blessed I was to have "our gym" when I first signed up because I knew nothing about Crossfit or the "popular" athletes. The teachers we have, their awesome humor, and the dedication of every person that attends has changed my life, truly. It also helps to have fun. :)
5. Favorite CrossFit exercise?
I enjoy the muscle up because I do nothing. (I cannot do them)
6. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit?
I am a lover of all things fine.
7. Proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
When my roommate, Lana Peavey, said to me: "You know when a 12 year old girl starts getting buds for boobs? That's kinda where you are right now with your muscles." -Lana Peavey in reference to my changing physique after doing Crossfit 1+ years
8. Favorite place to eat a paleo-ish meal?
I enjoy any sort of authentic Mexican
establishment or an oyster/seafood bar.
9. Something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I have always wanted to play drums and write an amazing screen play. The screen play would be a mix between Garden State and 500 Days of Summer.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
I'm inspired by people with good intentions that are boldly & dramatically hilarious but have no idea. I also admire those who balance humbleness with confidence. Jacob's stride during the 400 is a close 3rd.
WORKOUT FOR TUESDAY
1 rep max Hang Snatch
1 rep max Snatch
1 Power Snatch
1 OH Squat
1 Squat Snatch